82 nd AIRBORNE E.T.O
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

groupe de commémoration US de la seconde guerre mondiale en europe.

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
69.99 € 139.99 €
Voir le deal

Presentation Lt. Waybur

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Lt. Waybur

Lt. Waybur

Presentation Lt. Waybur Empty
MessageSujet: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitimeMer 3 Sep - 18:05

My name's Michele, I'm from Agrigento a little town in the south-west of Sicily. I'm very interested about military history especially about WW2. Recently I wrote some article for an important military history italian review: "Eserciti nella Storia". I've been in Normandy twice: in june 2004 and last june. In july 1943 Sicily was the first land in Europe to be liberate from Allies: one year before Overlord, two Armies landed and fought for 38 days. Like in Normandy, in the Operation Husky were employed british and american paratroops before the landing.
The General Gavin parachuted and distinguished himself by heroism. John Steel to was in Sicily.
Others important soldiers were Audie Leon Murphy (3rd Infantry Division) the most decorated american soldier and the Lt. David Waybur (3rd Infantry Division) that earned the Medal of Honor in the fight to liberate my town. I saw the pictures of your historical re-enactment activity that interests me very much, being a collector of United States militaria. You could organize a rally next summer in Sicily.

Dernière édition par Lt. Waybur le Jeu 4 Sep - 16:16, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
jee py

jee py

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Sep - 1:14

Hello Michele, and welcome to the forum.

Sicily, another land Home for the 82nd Airborne. It is often forgotten that this was the first landing in Europe. I hope to learn more thanks to you.

It would be great to do a camp in Sicily. One day .......

friendship

Jee Py
Gennaker

Gennaker

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Sep - 13:07

Matt Ridgway landed by sea at Gela from USS Monrovia on Jujy 10th…

Agrigento became Home in august 1943 of a brand new branch of the US Airborne, the Pathfinders...
Lt. Waybur

Lt. Waybur

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Sep - 16:20

Thanks for the clarification about General Ridgeway. I didn't know of Pathfinders in Agrigento. I'll try to find out more. Thanks.
Gennaker

Gennaker

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Sep - 16:57

Please do! Agrigento has been somewhat of a milestone in the creation of Pathfinders techniques and units...
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Presentation Lt. Waybur   Presentation Lt. Waybur Icon_minitime

Presentation Lt. Waybur
Page 1 sur 1